Pumphouse Canyon Whitewater Rafting on the Colorado River
- Float through the Gore Mountain Rage with experienced guides
- Experience "Jump rock" and natural riverside Hot Springs
- Take in the extraordinary countryside and canyon scenery
- The perfect trip for beginners and families with young children
Relaxing float, easy whitewater, incredible, steep mountain scenery combine to make an enjoyable trip for young children and adults. Top it off with a jump rock, natural hot springs and wildlife sightings and it’s sure to be a trip you won’t forget.
A full-day trip on the world-famous Colorado River is the perfect trip for families with young children or for those seeking a peaceful float with spectacular scenery. Enjoy the tranquility of mellow whitewater, and incredible, steep Rocky Mountain views as you float through the Gore Range with canyon walls stretching hundreds of feet above. Experience the notorious "jump rock" and natural riverside hot springs all while soaking in some of the best landscape Colorado has to offer. Each guest will also enjoy our famous "Ultimate Fajita Buffet" hot lunch served on the river. This trip is 12 miles of Class II white water which is about 4 hours on the river. Our minimum age for Pumphouse Canyon is 4.
- Transportation from Frisco to the put-in and back
- Helmets, life jackets and paddles
- Our "Ultimate Fajita Buffet" lunch
- Wetsuits, neoprene booties and splash jackets (available for rent)
Day by Day Itinerary
Full Day Itinerary
Our Pumphouse Canyon trip meets in Frisco at 9:00. When you make your reservation we will give you simple instructions to our meeting location. Our guides will be ready with all of the gear needed to get you safely down the river. We will drive you about 45 minutes to the put-in where you will receive a short safety talk to learn about different situations on the river. Your guide will also teach you a few paddle strokes to help him or her navigate the raft through the canyon. During your trip, you will be served our "Ultimate Fajita Buffet" lunch riverside. Once your reach the take out, our vehicle will be there to drive you back to Frisco where we started.
About The Operator:
The Adventure Company
The Adventure Company has been specializing in whitewater rafting since 1987. From our humble beginning in Breckenridge, Colorado, we have grown to operate from 5 locations, for your convenience. We offer a wide variety of whitewater rafting trips from 1/2-day, 3/4-day, full-day, and multi-day trips, to our one-of-a-kind Full Moon raft trip. The Adventure Company offers the best whitewater rafting in Colorado by operating on multiple sections of the Arkansas River, Colorado River, Blue River, and Clear Creek. Choose from over 25 top quality raft trips from beginner to expert. We are proud to be one of the few companies that can accommodate kids as young as two to the tried and true, hardcore whitewater veteran looking for an expert rafting trip! All 3/4- and full-day trips will enjoy our famous "Ultimate Fajita Buffet" hot lunch. Be sure to inquire about our daily shuttles from Breckenridge and Frisco.
Driven by our passion for the activities we offer, we have raised the standard for quality amongst Colorado's outfitters. In 2003, we became the only outfitter in Colorado to adopt a "No First-Year Guide" policy. The most important way to ensure your safety and enjoyment is to have an experienced guide controlling your raft. We are the only outfitter in Colorado to exclusively provide you with guides who are, at least, in their fourth year of professional guiding.
How to Reserve your Whitewater Rafting Trip
Advance reservations are highly recommended.
- Trips can be reserved with any major credit card.
- We find that the easiest way to reserve your trip is to pay in full at the time the reservation is made. However, if this is not possible a 50% deposit is required for trips booked more than 10 days prior to the trip date. The remaining 50% will be charged 10 days before the trip date.
- Reservations made for trips less than 10 days prior to the trip date must be paid in full.
For cancellations made more than 10 days prior to the trip date:
- All 1/2, 3/4, and full day trips will receive a full refund minus a $10 booking fee per person, per trip.
- All multi-day raft trips will receive a full refund minus a $15 booking fee per person, per day.
No refunds for cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the trip date due to operating costs that are incurred well before your trip.