Fun & Sun in the Bahamian Exumas
Kayaking in Bahamas with H2Outfitters
- Kayaking, snorkeling, beachcombing
- Crystal clear turquoise water
- Soft, white sandy beaches
- Sting rays, nurse sharks, starfish, and tropical fish galore
- Beach camping at its best – secluded sites on wilderness islands
- An island chain that stretches for miles and miles offering both protected water and open water conditions for paddling
A Camping Trip in a Pristine Island Archipelago
This is a terrific trip for paddlers of all skill levels who enjoy sleeping at the water's edge on a warm sandy beach at the end of a day. This is a camping expedition and some of the warmest waters the world has to offer. We'll be experiencing the environment first-hand as we traverse this island archipelago.
This is certainly not a survival experience, you'll be pampered with great Bahamian style meals and be able to move at your own pace. You will however be able to gain a sense of that proverbial desert island as you experience standing on a sandy shore looking out across the deep blue sea.
The physical remoteness yields a feeling of solitude, yet lends itself to the camaraderie of your fellow adventurers with an uplifting spirit. This is the Exuma experience and we're sure you'll enjoy your time here. Join us for this Carribbean odyssey and get that winter tan you've always longed for. For the most part the accommodations will be on the beach but we do plan to spend a night at either end of the trip in one of the local Inns so you'll have a chance to mingle with the friendly natives and enjoy a hot shower.
- 2 nights lodging at a local establishment and 5 nights island camping
- Meals as noted on the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D=dinner)
- Kayaks, sprayskirts, paddles, PFDs
- All group camping equipment (stoves, pots and pans, dishes, tents, sleeping pads, water bags)
- Safety equipment (cellphone, towbelts, chart and compass)
- Group first aid kit
- Transportation once in Georgetown to Barre Terre and back
- Qualified and highly trained guides
- Airfare to and from Georgetown
- Taxi service to and from Georgetown (our meeting location)
- Meals not noted on itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages
- Fees for other activities that you may choose to do
- Excess baggage charges or insurance of any kind
- Airport departure taxes; additional hotel nights that may be be incurred due to airport schedule changes or other factors.
Day by Day Itinerary
Once you arrive at the Georgetown airport, you’ll need to grab a taxi to Ms. Marshalls, our accommodations for the night, located in Georgetown and approximately 20-minutes from the airport. For those of you who arrive during the day, you’ll have time to wander around Georgetown and its little shops or take a ferry over to Stockton Island, a barrier island located on the west side of Great Exuma offering many walking trails and beautiful views. There are several options for dinner within walking distance of Ms. Marshalls and once we know everyone’s itinerary we can set up a time for all of us to meet and eat together as a group.
About The Operator:
Orr's Island, Maine
H2Outfitters is recognized as the East Coast’s original sea kayak outfitter and as “One of the World’s Best Adventure Travel Companies” by National Geographic Adventure magazine.Established in 1982 the company has had many “firsts” in the areas of kayak instruction, safety, leadership as well as trips and outfitting.The company’s principals, Cathy Piffath and Jeff Cooper, are recognized as leaders in their field.Of particular note, Cathy has been recognized as one of the “finest technical paddlers in the country” and has been featured in such magazines as Shape, Paddler, Self, Downeast, and Yankee among others.Her partner, and H2Outfitters’ Director of Fun, Jeff Cooper was described by Men’s Journal as “arguably the finest kayak instructor on the East Coast…” and has himself been a topic of discussion in publications ranging from the Financial Times to National Geographic Adventure magazine.
Cathy & Jeff have been prominent figures nationally in the kayak instructional arena with the American Canoe Association and the British Canoe Union.They served as the first ACA instructor trainer educators on the East Coast and wrote the first national curriculum for sea kayaking in the early 90s. H2Outfitters has been an innovator in outdoor education as well as its marketing within the industry here and abroad. Consequently, H2O’s reputation for excellence is recognized around the globe.
The company’s International Adventures for a Lifetime trip program has been recognized nationally as offering some of the most unique and exciting excursions in adventure travel.Combining cultural and historic perspectives with the hands-on aspect of sea kayaking, H2Outfitters has taken the Seven Seas and made them accessible in a fun and educational manner to people of all ages.Japan’s Inland Sea, the Amalfi Coast of Italy, Iceland’s West Fjords, and Italy’s Tuscan Island Archipelago are but a few of the trip’s they offer to adventurous travelers.The company has worked closely with travel writers and authors worldwide in the development of their trips; Tony Perrottet, Dario Castagno, Steve Jermanok, and Isamu Tatsuno to name a few.
Some H2Outfitters’ Highlights
- -Pioneers of sea kayak instruction in the US
- -Principals recognized as the best and finest in their field
- -Cutting edge programming, distinctive adventures
- -Company takes the interactive “getting off the bus” approach to international travel
H2Outfitters’ Mission Statement:
At H2Outfitters, we firmly believe that skills development is the best insurance for all kayaking activities. It provides a foundation on which to build a secure paddling future for a relatively small investments. Your ability to paddle, and paddle well, allows you to make intelligent decisions that range from buying a boat and judging its characteristics, to selecting the river or ocean trip that suits your needs. Instruction is not hype, doesn’t need a sales pitch, and is, in fact, and investment in your futures. Take it seriously because it ensures Serious Fun!
This mission statement still holds as true today as it did when we established it in 1982.
H2Outfitters is committed to high-quality kayaking instruction. Our instructors are selected not only for their kayaking skills, but also for their teaching skills and group management ability. Our staff is dedicated to making sure you have Serious Fun!